Today I run my first ever 10.5 km race at the Bucharest International Half Marathon event.. and I got my first ever (running) medal. I think I had some from times where I was playing tennis, but I have no idea where I have them (and if I still have them).
A few insights :)) from the 10.5k race:
– it’s good to start slow… I took advice from my more experienced friends, but running in the crowd at the beginning is REALLY .. REALLY slow.. and there is no way to go in front.. it’s so crowded
I am in white t-shirt…
– the most difficult was for me last 500m, when I was seeing all the tme the finish line but it seemed to be all the time in the same distance
Victor and I 🙂
– it’s great to see people supporting you… big thanks to my boyfriend that he managed to come with me to the race (even he is ill) and to my amazing friends from my team at work… it was a huge surprise to see them at Piata Unirii at 4.2 km when I was already a bit tired (mostly from the sun and temperature) and they gave me SUPER-POWER! on the all 10k route I haven’t seen anyone screaming so much! The are amazing people.. and it really helps
Vali, Miro and I
– I took advices from internet 🙂 and I tried my best – even i was tired – to thank everyone giving me water and oranges (yeah we were getting fruits – really cool thing!) on the way.. I was waving and smiling to supporters
– great feeling to run through the city, where all the streets on the route are closed because of YOU 🙂 running!
– I am a bit sad I didn’t manage to run faster but.. I train only since one month and a week (I think) and I have never.. ever run in such warm day as today
– 100m before the finish line I was saying to myself that it’s my last such long run… but as a typical runner.. just after the finish line I promised myself to run half marathon this year 🙂
– I love Strava but using it can be also demotivating 🙂 .. I came back home today, I created a segment from my route and I am the last one 🙂 .. I suppose most of the people who use it are professionals or at least training since a long time.. I suppose comparing with them is not the best idea… it was my first run and I am glad that I didn’t stop running even for a single second and that I did get to the finish line! 🙂
– the most important – running is not about being better than someone else, it’s about being better than you used to be!
… more photos later.. I need to get them from my friend 🙂
small update of this post… I got to the finish line on 765 place out of 2052 (number of people who finished the race).. and surprise .. my nationality is Romanian :)) .. good to know… I wish at least to speak Romanian :))